Skip to Content

Transfer Student Admission and Enrollment Steps

You are considered a transfer student if you have previously attended college outside of the Los Rios Community College District (American River College, Cosumnes River College, Folsom Lake College, or Sacramento City College). If you took college classes while in high school, then you are considered a first-time college student.

Not a Transfer Student?

If you are not a transfer student, then you may need to follow different steps. Find out what type of student you are and get the correct steps for you!

What Type of Student Are You?

Apply to Sacramento City College

If you have never taken classes at Los Rios, or if it has been more than one semester since you have taken a class at any Los Rios college, then you will need to submit a new application through CCCApply. All California Community Colleges have an open enrollment policy, which means you can apply year-round. However, it's best to apply early to improve your priority registration date and get the best choices for classes.

Students who submit an application without a social security number (SSN) can fill out the Student ID Help form to expedite the processing of their application.

Students Must Reside in California

Students who are not physically located in California may not enroll in online courses offered by Sacramento City College. Sacramento City College is not authorized to provide education outside the boundaries of the State of California.

Apply to SCC

Save Money – Apply for Financial Aid

Financial aid is any source of funds that help you pay for college. We recommend that you submit a financial aid application to see what you qualify for! 

Sacramento City College's federal school code is 001233.

The FAFSA is the gateway to most federal and state financial aid opportunities for US citizens, permanent residents, and eligible non-citizens, including:

If you are not a US Citizen, then you may be eligible for the California Dream Act. You can submit the California Dream Act Application (CADAA) if you meet the non-resident exemption requirements under AB 540, AB 2000, or SB 68, and any of the following are true:

  • You are undocumented.
  • You have a valid or expired DACA status.
  • You are a U Visa holder.
  • You have Temporary Protected Status (TPS).

Set Up eServices and Los Rios Gmail

eServices is Los Rios' online student portal where students manage their information, records, classes, and more.

After your application is processed, you will receive an email with your Los Rios student ID number (also known as a "W" number or "wID"). This is a seven-digit number with a preceding "W"; for example, W0000001.

You will use your Los Rios ID and password to log in to multiple services, including Canvas, eServices, Los Rios Gmail, and instructional lab computers.

Vaccination Requirement

All Sacramento City College students who attend in-person classes or access in-person services must meet the COVID-19 vaccination requirement, either by being vaccinated or having an approved religious or medical exemption on file. Students can submit evidence of their vaccination status in eServices.

Create Password

Complete Orientation

New student orientation gives you important information to help you succeed in college.

Orientation gives new students a strong start at Sacramento City College by providing planning, support, and guidance. Learn about important forms and tasks you need to complete before you start classes.

View Orientation (City Jam)

Submit Your Transcripts

If you attended a college outside of Los Rios, then you can provide college transcripts showing that you passed certain classes.

Math and English Prerequisites

Review the Math Pre-Approved List and/or English Pre-Approved List.

If your course is included on the pre-approved list, please bring either an official or unofficial transcript to the Admissions & Records Office, along with the appropriate Math Clearance Challenge Form or the English Clearance Challenge Form. To submit a Prerequisite Challenge Form, contact the department's division at least two weeks before the start of instruction. Admissions & Records staff will assist you with getting the prerequisite cleared.

Foreign Transcript Evaluation

Students who want to use coursework from a foreign college or university need to have their transcript(s) evaluated. We do not give credit for coursework that is from high school, remedial, or post-baccalaureate in nature.

Submit Transcripts

Meet With a Counselor

Make an appointment with a counselor to create or update an educational plan and pick classes.

Enroll in Classes

You can enroll in classes online via eServices during or after your enrollment appointment window.

You will be assigned an enrollment appointment window, which is the earliest date and time you can enroll in classes. You can find your enrollment appointment time in eServices.

As an international student, you must enroll in classes at ​the college that issued you the Form I-20.

Enroll in Classes

Pay Your Fees

Pay your fees soon after you enroll to avoid being dropped.

Your tuition and fees are due soon after you enroll in classes. You may be dropped if your fees are not paid by the fee payment deadline. This is true even if you enroll in a class that starts later in the semester.

You can see how much you owe in eServices. From your dashboard, click Financial Account, then Account Balance.

Pay Fees in eServices

Email Steps

Download Steps

Download a PDF of these steps and save it to your device or print it.

Download PDF of this page

Get Help


Need help enrolling in your classes? Contact Admissions and Records.

Personal Email

Students must use a personal email, not a high school email, to complete their application. Free email accounts are available from many sources:

Note: While all of the providers listed above have millions of users and are widely trusted to be reliable and secure, OpenCCC and the CCC Chancellor's Office do not endorse any particular email providers, and will have no liability should any issues arise with a particular email provider.

CCCApply Application

You only need to submit one CCCApply application to take classes at any college in the Los Rios district – don't spend unnecessary time submitting separate applications for each college.

Student ID Number

After your application is processed, we will email you a student ID number and instructions for next steps.

CCCApply Account Recovery

Students who have created a CCCApply account must log in using the account they created; they should not create a new account. Students who forgot their username/password can use the "Forgot" icon on the CCCApply site.

Students who use this function and still cannot find their username/password can call the OpenCCC helpline. If they don’t have their username or password and aren’t able to answer security questions to retrieve that information, then the student will have to contact CCCApply directly.

Sacramento City College does not have access to CCCApply account information.