Official Transcripts and Test Scores
Sacramento City College requires official transcripts and test scores from colleges and universities outside of Los Rios if you are pursuing a degree or certificate, plan to apply for financial aid, or receive veterans educational benefits.
Mail official transcripts and test scores to:
Sacramento City College
Admissions and Records
3835 Freeport Boulevard
Sacramento, CA 95822
Official transcripts can be sent electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org, but they must come directly from the college or university.
Contact Admissions and Records at (916) 558-2351 if you have questions.
Transfer Credit Acceptance
We accept coursework from colleges and universities that are accredited by the following regional bodies:
- Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges, Western Association of Schools and Colleges (ACCJC)
- Higher Learning Commission (HLC)
- Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (NWCCU)
- Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC)
- Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE)
- New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE)
- WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC)
We do not accept coursework that is remedial or post-baccalaureate in nature. Transfer credit may not be reflected on your records, but it is kept on file for use in completion of degrees or certificates.
Foreign Transcript Evaluation
Students who want to use coursework from a foreign college or university need to have their transcript(s) evaluated. We do not give credit for coursework that is from high school, remedial, or post-baccalaureate in nature.
We accept transcript evaluations from companies that are current members of National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) or Association of International Credential Evaluators, Inc. (AICE). When you get your transcript evaluated, make sure you ask for:
- A course by course evaluation
- A breakdown of coursework into general education academic areas
- Whether unit values are in semester or quarter units
- What coursework is lower division, upper division, or graduate level