Students must have an active SCC Application on file and a student ID number before attempting to schedule an appointment.
How Do You Want to Meet?
- Monday to Thursday:
8:00 am to 5:00 pm
8:00 am to 4:00 pm
Depends on Counselor availability.
Important information regarding your appointment.
- Arrive 10 minutes prior to your appointment time.
- Check in at the kiosk outside the Counseling office. Once the counselor is available they will come out to greet you.
- Bring a photo ID (ex. Driver's license, Passport, School ID).
- Know your SCC student ID number.
Los Rios Covid 19 protocols
Masks are strongly recommended but not required in all district facilities, regardless of vaccination status. Los Rios supports any student or employee's choice to continue wearing a mask if it makes them more comfortable.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
The vaccine requirement has been lifted for all Los Rios students and employees. We also strongly recommend that everyone eligible continue to stay up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccine and booster regimens.
For the safety of our students and employees, please do not come to campus if you are feeling ill. If you are displaying symptoms, and have an on-campus appointment, you will be given the option to participate in your appointment remotely, or to reschedule.
Please see COVID-19 Updates for more information.
Sacramento City College is offering remote appointments via zoom or phone.
Video (ZOOM) Appointment
- A zoom link will be sent to the email address listed on your SCC application.
- Click on that link at the time of your appointment. You will need:
- a desktop or laptop computer works best (smartphones and tablets may work but are limited in what they can do)
- a working webcam
- a working microphone
- The counselor will call the number listed on your SCC application at the time of the appointment.
- Counselors may be calling from a "blocked number".
The drop-in counselor will meet with students on a first-come, first-served basis by video or phone. Once a counselor becomes available, please watch your email for a Zoom link (if you chose the Zoom option) or be prepared to receive a phone call (Counselors may be calling from a "blocked number"). Drop-in availability is always subject to change.
What kind of students can be seen in drop-in?
- Current ACTIVE at SCC
- New and returning students who have submitted applications more than 24 hours prior to attending.
What can be done in a Drop-In counseling session?
- Financial Aid Course Review
- Other quick questions
The following cannot be done in a drop-in session:
- Course Selection (Educational Plan)
- Transcript Evaluation
- Students using veteran’s benefits or VA planner
If you plan on playing an SCC sport or are already part of a team, schedule your appointment with Victoria Cornelius, the Athletic Counselor. She is offering in-person appointments on the SCC main campus, and phone appointments. Zoom meetings are not available at this time.