First Year Experience
The SCC first-year experience program encourages academic achievement, social integration, and personal success with the assistance of a strong support network of peers, staff, and faculty.
You'll begin SUCCEED@City by joining us at the Summer Bridge program.
To enter into the SUCCEED@City First Year Experience Program, you'll need to follow these 3 steps:
- Step One: Complete the online FYE registration form
- Step Two: Attend an online or in-person City Jam (Orientation, starting in February 2022)
- Step Three: Attend a Summer Bridge session (session dates available in March)
If you need to see your Success Coach, make an appointment.
- Guaranteed courses for the first year including a freshman seminar
- Personalized success team
- Free tuition for the first 2 years
- Bookstore voucher
You will learn how to:
- Navigate college
- Identify where to seek help
- Build a network of peers, staff, and faculty
- Achieve your education goal
- Balance your time
- Manage stress
You are not alone. Each first-year experience student will have a dedicated success team that includes a:
- Success Coach
- First Year Seminar Instructor
- Peer Mentor
Your support team will help you identify a major, stay on track, connect you with resources, and reach your graduation or transfer goal.