First Year Experience
The SCC first-year experience program encourages academic achievement, social integration, and personal success with the assistance of a strong support network of peers, staff, and faculty.
To enter into the SUCCEED@City First Year Experience Program, you'll need to follow these 4 steps:
- Step One: Attend City Jam orientation.
- Step Two: Create a first-semester class schedule with a Counselor or Success Coach.
- Step Three: Enroll in INDIS 313 (Freshman Seminar).
- Step Four: Attend Summer Bridge to introduce you to the SCC community.
Ask your Success Coach if you need assistance!
Your Success Team
You are not alone. Each first-year experience student will have a dedicated success team that includes a:
- Success Coach
- First Year Seminar Instructor
- Peer Mentor
Your support team will help you identify a major, stay on track, connect you with resources, and reach your graduation or transfer goal.
You will learn how to:
- Navigate college
- Identify where to seek help
- Build a network of peers, staff, and faculty
- Achieve your education goal
- Balance your time
- Manage stress
Meet Your Success Coaches
Contact the Success Coach that pertains to your meta-major:
Phone: (916) 558-2390
Student Services Building
3835 Freeport Boulevard
Sacramento, CA 95822