Email or Phone Appointments
Appointments are required to meet with a CalWORKS counselor, and can be scheduled up to two weeks in advance. Please plan ahead. Appointments fill up fast, so schedule early for the best choice of days and times.
Are You Already Active in Our CalWORKS Program?
I am an active CalWORKS student.
To make an appointment with a CalWORKs Counselor, please contact us:
Phone: (916) 558-2677
We offer same-day appointments when available.
I am not in CalWORKS.
Counselors for the CalWORKs program are only available to serve students who are active in this program. Please contact general Counseling so that the appropriate appointments can be made.
I am not in CalWORKS but I want to be.
Counselors for the CalWORKs program are only available to serve students who are active in this program. Please scroll down to learn how to apply.
California Work Opportunity & Responsibility to Kids (CalWORKs) is a statewide public assistance program that provides cash aid and services to eligible families that have at least one child in the home and want to pursue their educational and occupational goals. The program provides support that includes:
- Academic, career, and personal counseling
- Priority enrollment
- On-campus placement
- Coordination with county caseworker
- Referrals to on- and off-campus support services
Eligibility is determined each semester by showing verification of county cash aid. County cash aid verification must reflect that both the student and an eligible child under the age of 18 are receiving cash aid and must be dated by county representatives in the month in which college CalWORKs services are requested.
Additionally, students must:
- Students must be enrolled at Sacramento City College Main Campus, West Sacramento Center or Davis Center in order to receive services.
- Students must maintain good academic standing.
- Students must select a county approved occupation.
- Students cannot change their occupation choice without county approval.
- Students must fulfill their county weekly hourly obligation.
- Single adult with a child under six - 20 hours
- Single adult with no children under six - 30 hours
- Two-parent family - 35 hours
Academic, career, and personal counseling services are available to all CalWORKs students. Counselors develop an Individual Student Education Plan to help you meet your educational goals. All CalWORKs students are required to meet with a CalWORKs counselor a minimum of once per semester to guide you through your educational journey. In doing so, they also ensure that college and county requirements are met so that there is no interruption in your county cash aid.
CalWORKS Case Management Services
CalWORKs Case Management Services are here to serve you! We want you to succeed!
So that you will fulfill your Welfare-to-Work requirements, the SCC CalWORKs program provides case management to help you navigate through all of your responsibilities and ensure academic success.
Phone: (916) 558-2331
Monday to Thursday:
8:00 am to 4:30 pm
8:00 am to 3:30 pm
Learning Resource Center, LRC 120
3835 Freeport Boulevard
Sacramento, CA 95822
Dean: Andre Coleman
Supervisor: Linda Delgadillo
Student Personnel Assistant: Minh Tran
Phone: (916) 558-2331
SCC CalWORKs Student Area Outcomes
SCC CalWORKs (CW) Program will:
- Provide term-to-term SCC CW Grants to our CW students: provide stipend CW Grant based on CW State Grant availability to offset basic expenses of living (housing, transportation, utility bills, food etc.) and also to cover school supplies. Our target this year is to continue our SCC CW Grant to help SCC CW student success in school.
- Support CalWORKs students in successfully completing their matriculation component: Orientation, CW Counselor mandate & Student Educational Plan at higher rates than SCC students not in CalWORKs, Priority Registration, and CWS Program. Students will work with CW Counselors to identify the appropriate academic accommodations necessary to address their individual needs. CW Students will feel supported and encouraged by the SCC CW Program on their educational journey at SCC.
- Support CW students in term-to-term persistence through our services and support in a welcoming and positive environment making it comfortable for students to request assistance. CW Students will demonstrate basic knowledge of SCC CW Program principles, rules, and regulations, and meet deadlines