Email or Phone Appointments
Appointments are required to meet with a CalWORKS counselor, and can be scheduled up to two weeks in advance. Please plan ahead. Appointments fill up fast, so schedule early for the best choice of days and times.
Are You Already Active in Our CalWORKS Program?
I am an active CalWORKS student.
To make an appointment with a CalWORKs Counselor, please contact us:
Phone: (916) 558-2307 or (916) 558-2677
We offer same-day appointments when available.
I am not in CalWORKS.
Counselors for the CalWORKs program are only available to serve students who are active in this program. Please contact general Counseling so that the appropriate appointments can be made.
I am not in CalWORKS but I want to be.
Counselors for the CalWORKs program are only available to serve students who are active in this program. Please scroll down to learn how to apply.
California Work Opportunity & Responsibility to Kids (CalWORKs) is a statewide public assistance program that provides cash aid and services to eligible families that have at least one child in the home and want to pursue their educational and occupational goals. The program provides support that includes:
- Academic, career and personal counseling
- Textbook assistance
- Priority enrollment
- Job placement both on and off-campus
- Coordination with county caseworker
- Referrals to on- and off-campus support services
Step 1: Complete SCC CalWORKs Program Paperwork
- Complete the SCC CalWORKs Application (PDF)
You must fill in all required fields, and you must have your CalWORKs case number available.
- Complete the FERPA - Student Consent for Release of Student Records (PDF)
- Submit the county cash aid verification
- Submit these forms to SCC.CalWORKs@scc.losrios.edu
Step 2: Intake/Orientation Session
- The CalWORKs staff will review your application and contact you to schedule an Intake/Orientation Session.
Step 3: Meet with a CalWORKs Counselor
- This can only be done after completing a CalWORKs Intake/Orientation Session.
- SCC CalWORKs program paperwork
- CalWORKs Integrated Student Educational Plan
- Registration and enrollment in classes for the current semester
- Welfare to Work Plan
- Financial Aid Award Information (Student Aid Report)
- Previous College Transcripts
Eligibility is determined each semester by showing verification of county cash aid. County cash aid verification must reflect that both the student and an eligible child under the age of 18 are receiving cash aid and must be dated by county representatives in the month in which college CalWORKs services are requested.
Additionally, students must:
- Students must be enrolled at Sacramento City College Main Campus, West Sacramento Center or Davis Center in order to receive services.
- Students must maintain good academic standing.
- Students must select a county approved occupation.
- Students cannot change their occupation choice without county approval.
- Students must fulfill their county weekly hourly obligation.
- Single adult with a child under six - 20 hours
- Single adult with no children under six - 30 hours
- Two-parent family - 35 hours
Academic, career and personal counseling services are available to all CalWORKs students. Counselors develop an Individual Student Education Plan to help you meet your educational goals. All CalWORKs students are required to meet with a CalWORKs counselor a minimum of once per semester to guide you through your educational journey. In doing so, they also ensure that college and county requirements are met so that there is no interruption in your county cash aid.
CALWORKS CASE MANAGEMENT SERVICES
CalWORKs Case Management Services are here to serve you! We want you to succeed!
So that you will fulfill your Welfare-to-Work requirements, the SCC CalWORKs program provides case management to help you navigate through all of your responsibilities and ensure academic success.
Student Personnel Assistant
Monday to Thursday:
8:00 am to 4:30 pm
8:00 am to 3:00 pm
Learning Resource Center, LRC 120
3835 Freeport Boulevard
Sacramento, CA 95822