Library Computers, Printing, Scanning, and WiFi
There are 48 computers, 4 printers and 1 photocopier available for student use on the second floor of the Learning Resource Center.
Technology Resources for Loan
The Library loans out Chromebooks, laptops, calculators, and assorted cables and adapters. Depending on the device, these loans may be for the full semester or a shorter period. To see what devices are currently available, visit the SCC Technology for Loan page.
Technology Resources in the Library
Computers are available for student use throughout the Library's second floor.
Sign in with your W-ID number (e.g. W1234567) and your password, the same way you log in to eServices, Canvas and Los Rios Gmail. Leave the dropdown domain menu as LRCCD.
- Windows 11
- Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access)
- Adobe Acrobat
Note: If you need specialized software (e.g. Adobe Creative Suite), please check with other computer labs on campus.
Two computers are reserved at all times for students with disabilities. These computers have assistive software (Kurzweil, etc.). Training for the programs is available through DSPS.
Two Express Computers are available for quick tasks, such as printing a document or resetting a password. There is a 15-minute time limit.
Cost and Payment
- Black-and-white printing: $0.10/page
- Color printing: $0.55/page
Getting Started with PaperCut
- Log in to PaperCut (website accessible from the LRCCD network only) with your Los Rios wID number and password. Login from your own laptop or from a Library computer.
- Add money to your PaperCut account using a credit card from any device (must be logged into LRCCD wifi). Or, add money to your Papercut account using cash, Apple Pay, or a credit card from the paystation located on the Library's 2nd floor.
- Once logged in, you can send a print job to the Library from your own device or a Library computer. After that, visit one of the four release stations (three black-and-white, one color) located on the Library's 2nd floor and log in to release your print job.
For more information on printing, visit our FAQ page, "How do I print and pay for printing in the Library?"
There is one photocopier on the second floor. Payment is made through logging into your account on the Papercut paystation next to the photocopier. Follow the instructions posted by the photocopiers including making two-sided (duplex) copies and adjusting copy size.
Note: Many of the materials held in the Library are protected by copyright. When making copies, you must observe copyright law as defined by Title 17, U.S. Code. The Library does not supervise the use of photocopiers and scanners on its premises.
The photocopier allows scanning to a USB drive. Instructions for this process are available at the Research Help Desk.
Access to the LRCCD wireless network is available to students, faculty and staff only.
Steps to connect to the LRCCD WiFi:
- Open your Network and Sharing Center (PC) or Network Preferences (Mac) to view available WiFi Networks. Click LRCCD.
- You will be prompted to enter your Los Rios-issued Username (W-ID) and password.
- Next, you will be prompted to accept the certificate on your device.
For more WiFi FAQs including connecting to Android devices and troubleshooting tips, visit Connect to Campus WiFi.
The Los Rios Community College District offers the wireless network to students, faculty, and staff. Please adhere to all District policies related to computer use when utilizing this service. The policies and regulations are outlined in section 7800. More information can be found at 7800 Instructional Computer Use.
Student Tech Support Desk
Need help connecting to WiFi, printing, or navigating your online courses? The Student Tech Support Desk is an on-campus support service for current students that provides technological assistance with distance education tools and software.
- General Info: (916) 558-2461
- Circulation Desk: (916) 558-2301
- Send the Library a message
Monday to Thursday 8:00 am to 8:00 pm
Friday 8:00 am to 4:00 pm
Saturday 9:00 am to 3:00 pm
Learning Resource Center, 2nd and 3rd Floors
3835 Freeport Boulevard
Sacramento, CA 95822