Our Canvas-based Path to Information Literacy Online Tutorials (PILOT) will help you gain insight into the research process, develop effective research strategies, and become familiar with the Library’s primary research tool, OneSearch.
You will learn how to select the best sources to meet your research needs and how to avoid misinformation and disinformation.
On average, each lesson takes about 30 minutes and includes reading, video, graphics, practice exercises, and a quiz. After passing the module’s quiz with a score of 75% or more, you will unlock a certificate of completion, which can be downloaded, printed, and/or emailed.
- What Is Research?
- Getting Started with Research
- OneSearch Basics
- Evaluating and Selecting Sources
- Fact-check: Understanding Misinformation and Disinformation
- Citing Sources and Avoiding Plagiarism
- General Info: (916) 558-2461
- Circulation Desk: (916) 558-2301
- Send the Library a message
Monday to Thursday 8:00 am to 8:00 pm
Friday 8:00 am to 4:00 pm
Saturday 9:00 am to 3:00 pm
Learning Resource Center, 2nd and 3rd Floors
3835 Freeport Boulevard
Sacramento, CA 95822