Two pathways for Military Personnel and Veterans have been established for enrollment into the Sacramento City College (SCC) Associate Degree Nursing (ADN) Program
Pathway I – General RN program (AS Degree)
- Education and experience must meet all general entrance requirements of SCC and the nursing program.
- Applicants with documented bedside care in a hospital ward, or an equivalent thereof, and successful completion of a theory, math and skills challenge exam for N407 (first semester) can allow the applicant eligibility for the second semester in the RN program based on space available in the course.
- No recency requirements for the prerequisite courses are in place (per program policy).
- Course equivalency must be verified for each course according to SCC and program policy.
- California Community Colleges currently does not provide equivalency of the Joint Service Transcript as an accredited college transcript at this time.
- SCC ADN enrollment criteria assess 5 points toward the veteran’s enrollment application, providing a copy of the Department of Defense form (DD-214) is submitted which confirms “Honorable Discharge.”
- Candidates must meet the same eligibility requirements for admission into the SCC ADN program as other applicants, including completion of:
- science prerequisite courses
- general education course for the Associate Science Degree (ASD)
- the Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS)
- Completion of all general education courses for graduation before enrollment into the nursing program is highly recommended.
Pathway II - LVN to RN Career Mobility (ASD in nursing)
- See above for minimum recommendations and requirements
- Have an active California LVN license either through challenge (BVNPT Method 4) or successful completion of the LVN program
- Attend Nursing 307 Transition to ADN (5 units) – Six weeks of theory and clinical
- Minimum of six months of recent LVN work experience with verification