Skip to Content
Home Academics Nursing Program Details International/ Undocumented Students

International Nursing Graduate Information

  • The Board of Registered Nursing (BRN) receives applications from persons seeking RN licensure per BPC 2736(b) who have completed their nursing education in a nursing program located in countries other than the United States. Due to not meeting required or equivalent curriculum, per CCR 1426, applicants may be found not eligible for RN licensure.
  • This guideline provides information for graduates of international nursing programs seeking California RN licensure and addresses questions related to the most common applicant situations. There may be specific situations that other laws and rules may apply and requires individual consultation by Licensing staff.

U.S. Nursing Licensure for Internationally Educated Nurses

Undocumented Students

What can I accomplish without a Social Security Number (SSN) or Employment Authorization Document (EAD)?