Students in good standing are eligible to be hired for a variety of paid on-campus jobs. It’s a great way to earn income while attending school! To view and apply for these opportunities, please log in to your Handshake account.
Staff will communicate with you if a position requires a different application or additional information.
Federal Work-Study (FWS) is a need-based program. Eligible students who are receiving financial aid through FAFSA will be offered a Federal Work-Study option as part of their financial aid package. FWS students who wish to take advantage of this benefit must be proactive in seeking FWS employment on campus in order to earn up to the amount of FWS award they accept. As with all student jobs, there is no guarantee of employment but Internships & Career Services staff are available to help you apply and prepare for interviews.
Student Help positions are open to any student in good standing, whether or not they qualify for FAFSA. There is no guarantee of employment but Internships & Career Services staff are available to help you apply and prepare for interviews.
Visit Career Services for assistance or go to Handshake to view open career opportunities.
Job Preparation and Planning
It's completely normal to be undecided on your career path. If you're not sure what you want to do, try using career exploration tools to narrow your search.
Cost: Free to SCC students.
PathwayU, SCC's online career exploration application, connects students with their greatest sense of purpose as they make choices for education, career, and employment. It's a great way for future and current students to begin exploring careers!
PathwayU is not a skills, abilities or simple interest inventory. It is a platform with a predictive algorithm guiding students through career exploration and employment pathway options where they'll potentially find the greatest sense of purpose and meaning in their lives. This helps to improve student success and enables students to better map their educational journey.
Cost: Free to SCC students.
Use this School Site Code to create an account: DXTWOCC
Where Am I Going?
Learn about yourself:
Over 2500 titles with clearly written and detailed descriptions. Including videos, wages and outlook, and the majors to get there.
- Brief Occupations in English and Spanish
Short, one-page descriptions of occupations.
Also known as self-employment, this database has tips and suggestions about working for yourself.
How Do I Get There?
Learn about majors and different colleges and universities:
- Programs of Study
College majors and training programs and the schools offering them.
- Education and Training Themes
Majors and training programs grouped by themes and their True Color and Inner Hero.
- Colleges and Universities and Short-term Training
Find schools and programs that fit your circumstances and requirements.
Find a Job
Visit local and statewide job sites to find available jobs on- and off-campus.
Sacramento Employment and Training Agency (SETA) in partnership with Los Rios Community College District (LRCCD) is offering services to you at no cost! Services include:
- Connecting you to career opportunities in your field of study
- Coordinating and scheduling interviews with local employers that align with your career goals
- Preparing you for a professional interview
- Providing advice on evaluating and accepting job offers
For more information contact:
Mrs. Rebecca Stevens
Phone: (916) 272-4481
SCC Career Services: Business Building, BUS-153
On Campus: Tuesdays and Thursdays
- Handshake: Los Rios job and internship search tool
- LaunchPath: Partnership between the Foundation for California Community Colleges and Linked Learning Alliance, with financial support from JPMorgan Chase
- California State Jobs: Student assistant jobs with the State of California
- City of Sacramento: Internships with the City of Sacramento
- County of Sacramento: Internships with the County of Sacramento
- Caltrans: Jobs with Caltrans
- SMUD: Jobs and internships with SMUD
- City of West Sacramento :Internships with the City of West Sacramento
- Environmental Science: Internships in Environmental Science
- Sacramento County District Attorney's Office: Internship with the County of Sacramento's District Attorney's Office
- California Highway Patrol: Internship program with the CHP
- Sacramento County Sheriff's Department: The Sacramento County Sheriff’s Office is looking for citizens from within our communities who want to volunteer to work with our law enforcement professionals.
- Coroner's Office at the Yolo County Sheriff's Department: Internship with the Coroner's Office in Yolo County
- Sacramento County Probation: Internship with the County of Sacramento’s Probation Department
Upcoming Career Events
from 10:00 am to 3:00 pm
from 12:00 to 6:00 pm
Receive the monthly Career Center calendar, as well as upcoming events and special announcements.