Skip to Content


Print Options


View your placement results in your eServices account. From your eServices dashboard, click on Academic Records, then Placements.

Using High School Records for Placement

Your English placement and math placement will be automatic if you:

  • Graduated from a US high school within the last 10 years
  • Included all of the requested information about your high school records on your college application

Submit Your High School Records for Placement

If you graduated from a U.S. high school within the last 10 years, but did not report your high school information on your application, you can send your transcripts to

Sacramento City College
Student Services Building 103
3835 Freeport Boulevard
Sacramento, CA 95822

If you are sending your transcript to SCC electronically, then request that it is sent to

Use College Records for Placement

If you attended another college (outside of Los Rios), you can provide college transcripts showing that you passed certain classes. Additional forms may be necessary depending on the college and course.

Use Self-Guided Placement

If you have been out of high school for more than 10 years, have foreign high school transcripts, or left high school without graduating, then you should use the self-guided placement process to determine what English and math courses to take. To access the Guided Self-Placement, please check your Los Rios Gmail account for an email called How to Get Your English and Math Course Placements. If you did not receive the email, then contact

Placement for Dual Enrollment Students

As part of the Dual Enrollment (formerly called Advanced Education) approval process, you will submit your current unofficial high school transcript with your Special Admit Form. If you plan to enroll in a math class, English class, or a class which has an English or math prerequisite, then your high school transcript will be routed to the Placement Office in order to receive your English and math placements.

Note? email your unofficial high school transcript to or drop it off at the Admissions and Records Office in Student Services Building, 103.

If you plan to enroll in a class that has an English prerequisite and your cumulative GPA is between 2.7 to 2.99, then you are also required to submit a letter of support from your last or current high school English teacher stating that you are capable of doing college-level work. Include the letter of support with your Special Admit Form when submitting it to the Admissions and Records Office.