Petition Filing Deadline
- Fall 2023 petition filing deadline: October 6, 2023.
- Spring 2024 petition filing deadline: March 1, 2024.
Approval or Denial
You will be notified via email if your petition is approved or denied.
If denied, then you will be notified of the missing requirements and advised to submit a new petition. If approved, then your degree or certificate will be posted to your transcript."
We mail degrees and certificates to the address listed on your petition, unless you choose to pick it up in person. You will be notified when your degree or certificate is available for pick-up.
|Mailed or Ready for Pick-Up
|First Friday in July
|End of October
|First Friday in October
|End of March
|End of April
|First Friday in March
|End of August
|End of October
Degree and certificate petitions may be filed online (see above) or in person at the Admissions and Records Office. All summer and fall degree recipients and spring degree candidates will be invited to participate in an annual graduation ceremony, known as commencement, held at the end of each spring semester in May.
Student Services Building, STS 103
3835 Freeport Blvd.
Sacramento, CA 95822
For the purpose of graduating or earning a certificate from any college in the Los Rios Community College District, a student who attends at least one session (whether quarter, semester, or summer) in each calendar year at any California community college, California State University, University of California, or any regionally accredited institution of higher education, may choose to meet the requirements in effect at the Los Rios college from which the student intends to graduate, as follows:
- Requirements that were in effect at the time the student was admitted to a Los Rios college
- Requirements that were in effect at the time the student originally enrolled in an accredited college
- Requirements that were in effect at the intended date of graduation from a Los Rios college