Asian Pacific Islander Student Success
Supporting your higher education journey.
Inspire. Engage. Support. Empower.
SCC supports APIA student success while claiming solidarity with students of East Asian, Pacific Islander, Southeast Asian, and South Asian descent. APIA students make up about 21% of our student community. We, including supporters and leaders from API Legacy, affirm and celebrate our APIA student communities’ diverse cultures, while also acknowledging and addressing anti-Asian racism. #StopAsianHate
Together, Sac City strives to:
- Promote APIA advocacy, leadership, engagement, wellness, and empowerment.
- Create space to build solidarity, active allyship, safety, and healing
- Promote representation and possibility models that reflect the diverse community
- Elevate social justice and anti-racism efforts surrounding anti-Asian violence, hate crimes, and harassment, and hate incidents
- Promote APIA awareness and educational opportunities including culture, history, language, current events, and pressing issues
- Provide APIA-affirming resources and support to bridge students from pre-college to college, from college to career, and beyond.
Anime/Manga Appreciation Society
We have discussions on anime and manga, and do fundraisers for trips.
Asian Culture Club
A club about Asian culture.
We promote higher education within the Hmong community and to increase the awareness of the Hmong culture, while creating a positive social environment in the club that will help students accomplish their educational goals.
Pacific Islanders Club
Increasing academic success, recruitment, retention of Pacific Islander students and club members.
Asian Pacific Islander Support
SCC offers a wide variety of cultural retention and engagement opportunities to make sure our students are successful.
Asian Pacific Islander University Program Partners & Affiliates
Universities and programs that Sacramento City College is partnered with.
Asian Pacific Islander (API) Scholars Rising Ceremony
API Scholars Rising celebrates and honors Los Rios graduates of East Asian, Pacific Islander, South Asian, and Southeast Asian descent.
Friendly, qualified tutors are available to help all SCC students learn challenging academic materials and advance their educational skills.
Asian Pacific Islander Students with Disabilities
Disability Services and Programs for Students (DSPS) provides Asian Pacific Islander students with disabilities the appropriate resources and reasonable accommodations they need to participate fully in college classes and campus activities.
Supporting LGBTQ & Asian Pacific Islander Students
The LGBTQIA & Asian Pacific Islander community at Sacramento City College is made up of students, staff, faculty and managers.
Asian Pacific Islander Studies Classes
Asian Pacific Islander college courses students can take.
Community Resources for Asian Pacific Islander Students
Social Care information
Asian Pacific Islander Faculty, Staff, and Administrative
Asian Pacific Islander Faculty and Staff