Advanced education is a program for current high school students who are concurrently enrolled at Sacramento City College. Advanced education students may enroll in two college courses each semester.
- March 8, 2021
Last day to submit Advanced Education paperwork for spring classes
- March 15, 2021
First day to submit Advanced Education forms for summer. Please check back on March 8, 2021 as the process will be changing.
Advanced Education Process Presentation
October 22, 2020
Please watch this 15-minute presentation for more information about spring 2021's Advanced Education Process.
- You have completed the 10th grade or will be at least 16 years old by the first day of instruction.
- You demonstrate exemplary academic achievement as evidenced by a GPA of 2.7 or above, an analysis of transcripts, letters of support from high school counselors and teachers, and/or other academic success indicators.
- The course you want to take is not available to you at your school.
- The course is not remedial (1-99 classes).
- The course is not being repeated due to an unsatisfactory grade.
- The course is for advanced study and you are able to demonstrate adequate preparation and completed prerequisites for the course.
You must follow these steps every semester that you wish to register in classes while concurrently enrolled in high school:
Apply to Sacramento City College
All first- time advanced education students must complete the Sacramento City College application. Note: If you are a continuing advanced education student, you do not need to complete the full application again. Instead, log in to eServices and complete the Supplemental Enrollment Information form.
Complete and Submit the Advanced Education Packet
- Download and fill out the Advanced Education Application (PDF).
- Work with your high school Counselor to determine which class you should take. Advanced Education students can enroll in one or two courses, but you can choose additional courses in case your initial choice is full.
- Digitally sign the Advanced Education Application.
- Have your parent or guardian digitally sign the Advanced Education Application.
- Forward the following to your high school counselor:
- Advanced Education Application
- a copy of your unofficial high school transcript
- your AP test scores (if applicable)
- Your high school counselor must submit the Advanced Education Application to Admissions and Records at AdvancedEd@scc.losrios.edu.
Satisfy Course Prerequisites
Your placements into English and Math are primarily based on your high school GPA. If you are
taking English and/or Math we will process your placement and it will be visible in eServices. To
view placements, log in to eServices, click on Student Center tile and your placements are
displayed in the Assessment Placements section.
For English only, if your cumulative high school GPA is between 2.7 and 2.99, you are required to submit a letter of support from your last or current high school English teacher stating you are capable of college-level work.
Advanced education students qualify for priority registration as Priority 3. Advanced education students who have completed the application process will be enrolled during Priority 3 by Admissions and Records. You will receive an email confirmation upon enrollment.
As advanced education students have their tuition/enrollment fees waived, students are only responsible for the payment of the additional fees, including the universal transit pass (UTP) and student representation fee.
Note: High school students may be exempt from fees associated with being a California nonresident; however, international student tuition is not waived.