Sacramento City College is accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges, 10 Commercial Blvd., Suite 204, Novato, CA 94949, (415) 506-0234.
ACCJC is an institutional accrediting body recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation and the U.S. Department of Education.
The current comprehensive evaluation of SCC is occurring in 2022.
SCC will undergo a comprehensive review for reaffirmation of accreditation in 2022.
The review will follow a formative/summative model and will take place in two portions:
- First, there will be a review of the Institutional Self Evaluation Report (ISER) that the college is preparing to show how it meets the expectations for accreditation. Following this initial review, the College will receive a set of Core Inquiries that the review team would like to know more about.
- Second, there will be a focused site visit for the review team to gather additional information via interviews, data requests, and meetings to discuss the Core Inquiries. The Team ISER Review and Focused Site visit will inform the review team’s report. This will be reviewed by the commission to direct the decision on the college’s reaffirmation.
SCC’s review will take place during the following timeframes:
- Team ISER Review: February 23, 2022
- Focused Site Visit: Week of October 10, 2022
SCC’s Academic Senate, Classified Senate, Senior Leadership Team, and Student Senate will all have the opportunity to review and provide final feedback on the ISER.
For more information or questions on SCC’s preparation for the upcoming review, please contact PRIE Dean Dr. Gayle Pitman at PitmanG@scc.losrios.edu.
Any member of the college community or public may submit a third-party comment by completing the Commission’s online third-party comment form. A third-party comment assists the Commission as it considers applications for candidacy, accreditation, or reaffirmation of accreditation.
Additionally Accredited Programs
- Occupational Therapy Assistant (OTA) Program is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Educate of the American Occupational Therapy Association.
- Physical Therapist Assistant (PTA) Program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education.
- Associate Degree Nursing Program is accredited by the California Board of Registered Nursing, a specialized accrediting body of the California Department of Consumer Affairs; and the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing.
- Vocational Nursing Program is accredited by the California Board of Vocational Nursing and Psychiatric Technicians, a specialized accrediting body of the Department of Consumer Affairs.
- Dental Assisting Program is accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation of the American Dental Association.
- Dental Hygiene Program is accredited by the Commission of Dental Accreditation of the American Dental Association.