Dental Hygiene Program Details
Registered dental hygienists are licensed clinicians who work under the direction and supervision of a licensed dentist to provide preventive and therapeutic services for the control of oral diseases.
A reduced cohort will be accepted for the 2022-2024 cohort in response to the Pandemic. We will accept 18 students instead of 24.
- DHYG 100 has been removed from enrollment eligibility.
- We now accept ESLWR 340 for enrollment eligibility.
- 7-year recency on science courses:
- BIOL 430 and 431, Anatomy and Physiology
- BIOL 440, General Microbiology
- CHEM 305 and CHEM 306 or CHEM 309
- Once students meet enrollment eligibility and are on the waitlist, the recency requirement will not continue during reapplication years.
- Recency will not apply to students already on the waitlist.
- Implementing change for 2023-2025 cohort.
Dental Hygienist Video
The Sacramento City College Dental Hygiene program is accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation. For more detailed information related to the program, students should consult the current version of the Dental Hygiene Program Handbook. For information about our Infection Control Standards consult the Infection Control Workbook
The Dental Assisting and Dental Hygiene programs hold information sessions on campus early in the semester to answer questions about each program.
|Date||Time||Location||Zoom Meeting ID|
|February 26, 2021||12:00 pm||Zoom (Online)||996 2932 0252|
|September, 17, 2021||12:00 pm||Zoom (Online)||933 0143 5798|
Phone: (916) 558-2357
Job Placement Information for Community Partner Dentists
Contact for Hiring SCC Dental Hygiene Graduates:
Workforce Development Professional III
Cell: (916) 926.2529