Skip to Content
Home Why SCC? Transfer to a 4-Year Transferring to a Private or Out-of-State College

Even if Sacramento City College does not have a transfer agreement with a private or out-of-state college to which you want to transfer, you can probably receive academic credit for most of your community college classes. Most four-year institutions give full credit for general education courses and other courses designated for transfer at community college.

In addition, many out-of-state colleges participate in the Western Undergraduate Exchange (WUE), which offers discounts to California students in certain majors.

Find Out Transfer Requirements

Many colleges require transfer students to have completed a certain number of units, so make sure you check the requirements of the college to which you want to transfer. Transfer requirements are generally outlined in a college's catalog.

Talk to Your Counselor

Talk to a counselor to learn more about transferring to a private or out-of-state college.

Counseling Office

You may be able to find college catalogs for schools in which you are interested in the Transfer Center.

Visit SCC's Articulation page to learn about specific articulation agreements with private colleges.