We recommend exploring the following options to buy reasonably-priced technology using your own funds:
- The College Buys website run by the Foundation for California Community Colleges offers low-priced options for Chromebooks (for example, Lenovo Chromebook for $239.95), laptops (for example, Windows 10 tablet/pc for $189.95), and software (for example, Microsoft office for $39.95).
- Computers For Classrooms is a nonprofit in Chico, CA that offers lower-cost options for qualifying low-income individuals.
- PCs for People offers low-cost technology for qualifying low-income individuals.
- Best Buy offers student discounts.
- Microsoft offers student discounts.