Sacramento City College MESA (Math, Engineering, Science Achievement Program) is an equity-focused program that supports students who come from historically underrepresented backgrounds in science, technology, engineering mathematics (STEM) to transfer competitively to a 4-year university program and enter a STEM career.
The program encourages collaborative studying and supports students to attain high academic achievement.
- A study center dedicated to MESA students
- Computers and free printing
- A textbook library
- A calculator to check out for the semester
- Group and individual tutoring
- Counseling, transfer, and career preparation
- Connection to industry partners, internships, and conferences
- Professional development and leadership opportunities
Some eligibility is flexible so make sure to apply even if you don't think you qualify. To qualify, students should:
- Be a first-generation college student
- Be working toward transfer and a first bachelor's degree
- Qualify for financial aid
- Be majoring in a STEM field approved by the MESA grant criteria
MESA Coordinator: Lorena Jauregui
Phone: (916) 558-2476
Hours are subject to change; MESA Scholars can check Canvas for a live schedule.
Rodda Hall South, RHS 122
3835 Freeport Boulevard
Sacramento, CA 95822