Sacramento City College MESA (Math, Engineering, Science Achievement Program) is an equity-focused program that supports students who come from historically underrepresented backgrounds in STEM (science, technology, engineering, and mathematics) to transfer competitively to a 4-year university program and enter a STEM career.
MESA Services during Fall 2020 include:
- A select MESA Program Assistant to coach you throughout the semester
- Group and individual tutoring
- Counseling, transfer and career preparation
- Connection to industry partners, internships, and conferences
- Professional development and leadership opportunities
- A vast network from 50 years of existence - including MESA students across California in community colleges, universities, and professionals in industry.
Some eligibility is flexible so make sure to apply even if you don't think you qualify. To qualify, students should:
- Be a first-generation college student
- Be working toward transfer and a first bachelor's degree
- Qualify for financial aid
- Be majoring in a STEM field approved by the MESA grant criteria
MESA Coordinator: Lorena Jauregui
Phone: (916) 558-2476
Hours are subject to change; MESA Scholars can check Canvas for a live schedule.
Rodda Hall South, RHS 122
3835 Freeport Boulevard
Sacramento, CA 95822