Campus Closure Notice
The health and safety of Sacramento City College students, faculty, and staff is our top priority. In light of the coronavirus (COVID-19), Sacramento City College, its Centers, classes and all departments are closed until further notice.
During this time, the goal of Sacramento City College CalWORKs Program is to provide remote services to assist you in completing your term. CalWORKs Counseling Faculty will be available for appointments by email, phone and limited online appointments. We appreciate your patience.
Please use the appointment system below.
Email or Phone Appointments
Appointments are required to meet with a counselor, and can be scheduled up to two weeks in advance. Please plan ahead. Appointments fill up fast, so schedule early for the best choice of days and times. Use the button below to make your appointment. If you are unable to make an appointment, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (916) 558-2307 or (916) 558-2677.
California Work Opportunity & Responsibility to Kids (CalWORKs) is a statewide public assistance program that provides cash aid and services to eligible families that have at least one child in the home and want to pursue their educational and occupational goals. The program provides support that includes:
- Academic, career and personal counseling
- Textbook assistance
- Priority enrollment
- Job placement both on and off-campus
- Coordination with county caseworker
- Referrals to on- and off-campus support services
Step 1: Complete SCC CalWORKs Program Paperwork
- SCC CalWORKs Application (PDF)
- Submit the county cash aid verification
Step 2: CalWORKs Student Educational Plan
- Once you have completed the required program paperwork, please stop by the CalWORKs office to schedule a 30-minute counseling appointment. You and a counselor will create a one-semester CalWORKs specific Integrated Student Educational Plan which will meet your counties' requirements.
- Register in at least one eligible class from your current student educational plan.
- SCC CalWORKs program paperwork
- CalWORKs Integrated Student Educational Plan
- Registration and enrollment in classes for the current semester
- Welfare to Work Plan
- Financial Aid Award Information (Student Aid Report)
- Previous College Transcripts
Eligibility is determined each semester by showing verification of county cash aid. County cash aid verification must reflect that both the student and an eligible child under the age of 18 are receiving cash aid and must be dated by county representatives in the month in which college CalWORKs services are requested.
Additionally, students must:
- Students must be enrolled at Sacramento City College Main Campus, West Sacramento Center or Davis Center in order to receive services.
- Students must maintain good academic standing.
- Students must select a county approved occupation.
- Students cannot change their occupation choice without county approval.
- Students must fulfill their county weekly hourly obligation.
- Single adult with a child under six - 20 hours
- Single adult with no children under six - 30 hours
- Two-parent family - 35 hours
- Monthly Attendance
- Student Financial Aid Statement Welfare-to-Work 8 (PDF)
- Exemption Request (PDF)
- 48 Month Time Limit Extension Request (PDF)
- Student Consent for Release of Records (PDF)
- Department of Human Assistance Release of Information (PDF)
- Department of Social Service Release of Information
- Release of Information
- Textbook Verification Form (PDF)
- Student Contact Form
Academic, career and personal counseling services are available to all CalWORKs students. Counselors develop an Individual Student Education Plan to help you meet your educational goals. All CalWORKs students are required to meet with a CalWORKs counselor a minimum of once per semester to guide you through your educational journey. In doing so, they also ensure that college and county requirements are met so that there is no interruption in your county cash aid.
CALWORKS CASE MANAGEMENT SERVICES
CalWORKs Case Management Services are here to serve you! We want you to succeed!
So that you will fulfill your Welfare-to-Work requirements, the SCC CalWORKs program provides case management to help you navigate through all of your responsibilities and ensure academic success.
Student Personnel Assistant
Student Personnel Assistant
Monday to Thursday:
8:00 am to 4:30 pm
8:00 am to 3:00 pm
Learning Resource Center, LRC 120
3835 Freeport Boulevard
Sacramento, CA 95822