Student Tech Support Desk
Need help connecting to wifi, printing, or navigating your eLearning? The Student Tech Support Desk provides help to all current SCC students, regardless of major, technical ability, or knowledge.
Free and Low-Cost Internet Plans
National Digital Inclusion Alliance
The National Digital Inclusion Alliance (NDIA) has compiled a list of current offers from ISPs that will help low-income households to acquire service at low or no cost. Most have eligibility limitations linked to income or program enrollment. The list also includes established, nationally available low-cost plans offered by nonprofit organizations. All offers are less than $20/month total cost (with no installation fees).
AT&T is offering unlimited internet data and internet access for limited income households at $10 a month through the Access from AT&T program.
California Connects Mobile Internet
California Community Colleges students are eligible for the California Connects Mobile Internet service. This new mobile hotspot service, powered by Sprint, offers nationwide 4G LTE connectivity and allows users to connect up to 10 wifi-enabled devices for up to 10 hours on a single charge, with no contract required, for only $19.99 a month.
El Dorado County Internet Connectivity For Students
Learn about free wifi available to students in El Dorado County.
United Ways of California Low-Cost Internet
See if you qualify for low-cost internet through the United Ways of California by entering your zip code.
Free Public Wifi
Students can access free public wifi or hotspots in various public places in and around Sacramento. Use the following resources to learn more:
- Find free Xfinity wifi hot spots.
- Learn how to access free AT&T wifi hot spots.
- Learn about free wifi in City of Sacramento parks.
- See a list of free wifi status in City of Sacramento parks.
- Learn about free wifi in Fremont Park.
Computer and Technology Support and Resources
Students have access to Adobe Creative Cloud for $39.99 per semester or $79.99 per year. Please follow the instructions below to install Creative Cloud Desktop Apps on your personal device.
- Visit CollegeBuys.org to start the purchase process.
- When prompted, select California, then your college name.
- Use your Los Rios email address (ending with .edu) to complete the verification and purchase process.
For more information on how to download or install apps, see Download and Install Creative Cloud Apps Help.
Many in-person classes are moving to Canvas, the online learning management system used by the Los Rios colleges.
If you are new to Canvas, use the following resources to learn more about how to use the system:
- Review the Canvas Student Overview
- Find answers in the Canvas Student Guide
- Review the Los Rios IT Help Desk Canvas Troubleshoot Guide
Contact Canvas Support
You can call Canvas 24/7 Support toll-free, 24 hours a day, seven days a week:
- For American River College, call (844) 589-3851.
- For Cosumnes River College, call (844) 592-2203.
- For Folsom Lake College, call (844) 600-4947.
- For Sacramento City College, call (844) 612-7419.
Quick Tip Videos
Class Search Tool
eServices: Using your Student PIN
More Video Tutorials
Folsom Lake College has collected videos to help with enrollment, eServices, and more:
If you are enrolled in the current semester, then you are eligible to use Microsoft Office 365, which includes Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.