Fall 2021 Limited Reopening
The SCC Library is open (to Los Rios students only) during fall semester (August 21 to December 16, 2021), with limited in-person library services, including computers, printers, research help, and book checkout / pickup. Current in-person hours are Monday to Thursday, 9:00 am to 3:00 pm. See Reopening Sacramento City College for current information on other college services.
Can I borrow books and other library materials while the campus is closed?
Yes, the library is lending out materials, including textbooks on reserve. For details, see the following pages:
- How do I borrow books and other library materials?
- When and where can I pick up library materials I've requested?
- How can I check out a calculator?
- When and how can I return books and other library materials?
How do I find my textbook for class?
Textbooks are available for checkout from the Library; most can be borrowed for 2 hours, and some are available for 5-day checkout.
- Start by using our textbook search form.
- The Los Rios Community College District Bookstore probably has your textbook for rental or purchase. More information at Follett's Textbook FAQ.
- Explore resources for finding lower-cost textbooks.
- For financial and basic needs, Los Rios Basic Needs Resources for Students will show you available resources (including the Los Rios Foundation’s Student Emergency Fund).
How can I find information for my research paper or other assignments and projects?
The LRCCD Libraries offer many resources online, including journals, magazines, newspapers, ebooks, streaming video, and other sources. To find reliable sources for your research, visit SCC Library's main search tool, OneSearch to search across all library databases. Also, you can easily access individual Los Rios Research Databases. Library resources are available from anywhere you have an Internet connection, on any device.
What do I do if I need help with my research?
A librarian is available for in-person research help at the 2nd floor Research Help Desk during Library open hours, Monday to Thursday 9:00 am to 3:00 pm.
The LRCCD Libraries offer 24/7 chat reference. Outside our business hours, this service is staffed by an international team of professional librarians. You can chat with a librarian for guided help, and they can connect you with online resources that meet your needs. If you need in-depth research help, please request a research appointment and a librarian can set up a virtual call through Zoom to work with you further.
Online research guides will help you get started on your next assignment. Browse the guides by subject, course, or instructor to find recommended research strategies, books, databases, websites, and more.
For a structured approach to starting your research, you can take PILOT, our self-paced, Canvas-based library research tutorials. PILOT topics include:
- What is Research?
- Getting Started with Research
- OneSearch Basics
- Evaluating & Selecting Sources
- Avoiding Plagiarism & Citing Sources
- MLA Style for Community College Researchers
- APA Style for Community College Researchers
Where do I find help with a computer / technology / internet issue?
Please contact us. The Library is here to support you.
- Renewing a book or questions about library fines: call the Circulation Department at (916) 558-2301
- All other questions: call Research Help at (916) 558-2461
During fall 2021 semester, the Library is open (to Los Rios students only) Monday to Thursday, 9:00 am to 3:00 pm.
Learning Resource Center, 2nd and 3rd Floors
3835 Freeport Boulevard
Sacramento, CA 95822
9/11: Remembering the terrorist attacks, 20 years later
To honor the 20th anniversary of the September 11th terrorist attacks, a collection of ebooks and videos about the attacks, the aftermath, and the lasting effects.