HSI Early College Program
The HSI-Early College Program (HSI-ECP) is a federally funded grant project through the U.S. Department of Education that focuses on early college initiatives and introduces our Latinx and low-income high school students to college via participation in Dual Enrollment.
Dual Enrollment is an opportunity for high school students to take college-level courses that count for both high school and college credit.
Why Consider Dual Enrollment?
- Earn college credit while you're still in high school
- Save money on college tuition
- Take less time to earn a college degree
- Take advantage of college resources
- Get a head start on your future career
- Dual Enrollment Course Offerings
- Academic & Career Counseling
- Bilingual College Success Workshops
- Familia, Mentorship & Community Building
Participating School Districts
- Da Vinci High School
- Davis High School
- King High School
- DSIS High School
- American Legion High School
- Arthur A. Benjamin Health Professions High School
- C.K. McClatchy High School
- George Washington Carver School of Arts and Science
- Hiram Johnson High School
- John F. Kennedy High School
- Kit Carson International Academy Middle and High School
- Luther Burbank High School
- Rosemont High School
- Sacramento Accelerated Academy
- Sacramento New Technology High School
- School of Engineering and Sciences Middle and High School
- The Met Sacramento
- West Campus High School
- Be at least 14 years old or having started 9th grade
And meet one or more of the following:
- Self-identify as LatinX or other historically under-resourced community
- Qualify for free or reduced-priced lunch
- Attend a participating high school
Learn More & Join
HSI-ECP Course Offerings
Upcoming courses offered in the HSI-Early College Program through our partner schools and districts.
Apply and Enroll in Early College Program (HSI)
Steps to apply to and enroll in HSI-Early College Program (HSI-ECP)
Director, Student Support Specialists, and coordinators in the HSI Early College Program team.
Phone: (916) 558-2644
Google Text: (916) 241-3670
Drop-in Zoom Hours
Visit us online for program information and live assistance!
- Monday and Friday:
3:00 pm to 5:00 pm
Student Services, STS 140
3835 Freeport Boulevard
Sacramento, CA 95822
Hispanic Serving Institution
The Department of Education (DOE) defines as an HSI any institution of higher learning with an enrollment of undergraduate full-time equivalent students that is at least 25% Hispanic. SCC has, in fact, more than 29% of our student population who identify themselves as Hispanic, Latina/o/x, Mexican, Mexican-American, or Chicana/o/x. This student population representing the single highest racial/ethnic group at the college.