You don't have to go far to find assistance – SCC has many resources to offer, right here on campus!
SCC Child Development Center
The Child Development Center is an affordable childcare option (ages 3 to 5) for eligible SCC students and Los Rios employees. There are also limited openings for families and community members who would pay full/partial cost.
It is a hands-on learning environment for SCC students enrolled in Child Development and Early Childhood Education courses.
In order to better support students, staff, and faculty who are breastfeeding their baby, Sacramento City College is pleased to provide lactation rooms in these locations:
- Mohr Hall, MOH-138
- get the access code from the EHP Division office (MOH-106)
- Natural Sciences Building NAS-104
- RISE Office, Rodda Hall South, RHS-158
- sign-in at the front desk
SCC faculty, classified professionals, and staff may be able to locate additional spaces appropriate to support your breastfeeding.
Diaper Changing Stations
Information coming soon.
SCC Campus Support Services
New Priority Registration for Student-Parents
A recent state law established priority registration for student-parents with dependent children under the age of 18, who provide support to children for at least 50% of the year.
- Based on information students submit on the CCCApply and/or California Promise Grant application, students who may be eligible priority registration will receive an email letting them know the steps to verify their eligibility.
- The verification process will be available the week of October 9, 2023, with a deadline of Friday, November 3, 2023 to complete the verification process for priority registration for the spring 2024 semester.
- See Priority Registration and Enrollment Dates for more registration information.
- California California Special Supplemental Food Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC)
- Sacramento Food Bank
- Loaves and Fishes
- River City Food Bank
- Apply for CalWorks, CalFresh, Medi-Cal
- California Earned Income Tax Credit (CalEITC)
- Young Child Tax Credit (YCTC)
Mental Health Services
- Sacramento County Mental Health Services
- National Alliance on Mental Health - Sacramento
- La Familia Counseling Center
Domestic Violence and Support
Note: Sacramento City College does not endorse any particular private resource listed. We encourage you to review each resource carefully and choose services that best meet the needs of your family.