As caregivers we never stop learning. Here are articles and podcasts to help you on your journey.
- 1 in 5 - Meet the 22% of Students Who are Also Parents
1 in 5 vividly profiles students who are parents pursuing their education while raising a family and working.Today, more than one in five college students (22%) are parents. Given the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic, guests also share the challenges they faced working, studying, parenting, and staying healthy from home.
- Positive Racial Identity in Early Childhood (P.R.I.D.E.) Podcasts
The P.R.I.D.E. Speaker Series engages the public on topics relating to race, education, and young children by hosting powerful speakers to discuss these critical subjects.
- Spotify Podcast: How Do Schools Support Students?
- Center for Parent Information and Resources (CPIR)
- Contains webinars, articles, stand-alone pages, and publications.
- For Families: First 5 Sacramento County Resources
- Family Services: 211 Sacramento
- Positive Parenting: American Society for the Positive Care of Children
- Uplifting Youth Through Healthy Communication about Race: Parenting Resources (American Psychological Association)
- Seven Tasks for Parents: Developing Positive Racial Identity (North American Council on Adoptable Children)
- Resources to Support Children’s Emotional Well-Being Amid Anti-Black Racism, Racial Violence, and Trauma (Childtrends.org)
- Racial Equity Resources (UC Davis Health)
- Talking to Kids about Racism (Starlight.org)
- The Neighborhood: A Virtual Hub for LGBTQ+ Families (FamilyEquality.org)
- Parent Webinars from HealthyChildren.org (American Academy of Pediatrics)
- SPAN Parent Advocacy Network: Advocating for Children with Special Needs
- Parenting Network: Center for Fathers and Families
- Family Blog and Mini Lessons: Human Improvement Project
- Healthy Children Magazine: American Academy of Pediatrics
Note: Sacramento City College does not endorse any particular private resource listed. We encourage you to review each resource carefully and choose services that best meet the needs of your family.