Apply for a Student Emergency Grant with SCC's Campus Interventions Office.
The Student Emergency Grant provides up to $500 to SCC students who are involved in sudden and unexpected emergencies that threaten their ability to continue their education.
Please be advised that late car payments, car repairs, personal loans, childcare, lack of personal monthly finances, medical bills, etc. will not be considered or rewarded for this grant. There must be an immediate current crisis or unexpected emergency in order to apply for this Grant.
Please be advised that if your grant is approved, it will take at least 3 or more weeks to receive funds.
- provide proof of the emergency situation. Examples:
- If the emergency is related to a utility bill, provide a copy of the utility bill.
- If the emergency is regarding rent and/or 3-day notice, provide a copy of the rental agreement or of your 3-day notice.
- be actively enrolled and attending 6 units for Current Academic Semester (waitlisted classes will not be considered)
- be in good academic standing
- be making satisfactory academic progress
Before submitting this application please be sure you have read and understand all the qualifying requirements of the Student Emergency Grant. Any applications submitted for personal reoccurring bills or circumstances that are not current or unexpected will not be processed.