Special Collections collects records of the college, unique local artifacts, and other materials documenting the history of the college and surrounding area, and makes them available to the college community and external researchers.
The Special Collections department stores, preserves, and arranges these collections according to standard archival practices. Users may access original materials in the Special Collections Room. The department also creates exhibits, scans photographs, and creates finding aids to enhance access to the collections.
The collections include:
- The Express (school newspaper)
- 1923-2009 is fully digitized and available
- The print issues are no longer available to the public
- The Pioneer (yearbook) 1923-1980
- 1923-1980 has been fully digitized and available
- college catalogs 1922-present
- oral history audio recordings
- past interviews and lectures on cassette have been digitized and are available
- news clippings
Many of the materials housed in Special Collections are unique and fragile, and therefore require special care. Researchers must comply with policies that are more restrictive than those guiding the use of the circulating and reserve collections.
Nanette Reyes Cruz
Special Collections Librarian
Phone: (916) 558-2532
Please contact the Special Collections Librarian to schedule a visit.
Wednesday and Thursday
9:00 am to 5:30 pm
Learning Resource Center, LRC 307
3835 Freeport Boulevard
Sacramento, CA 95822