Skip to Content

Remote Campus Information

From online learning to getting your basic needs met, find the resources you need in the remote campus environment.

Remote Classes and College Operations

Expanded in-person service depends on continued positive trends in public health conditions and the reduction and elimination of state and local COVID-19 mitigation measures. Learn more about reopening Sacramento City College.

Masks are strongly recommended but not required in all district facilities, regardless of vaccination status. Los Rios strongly supports any student or employee's choice to continue wearing a mask if it makes them more comfortable.

We are committed to making sure you have what you need to stay healthy and succeed in school. The following information is provided to help you with remote learning.

Get Help in the Remote Environment

Technology Resources

Technology Resources

Learn how to access all the tech resources you need, including apps for your classes, free and loaner computers, and internet and WiFi. You can also reset your password, set up security questions, or contact Tech Support if you have additional questions.

Technology for Remote Classes

Remote Student Services

Remote Student Services

We have modified our student services to support students in an online/remote environment. Find a student service and visit their webpage to learn how to access their services remotely.

Remote Student Services

Basic Needs Resources

Basic Needs Resources

Get your basic needs met and find help for emergency needs, including financial assistance, housing, shelter, food, mental health and wellness, social services, and more.

Basic Needs Resources

FAQ: Remote Classes and Technology

What classes are offered in person?

Sacramento City College is offering a variety of in-person classes and we look forward to adding more in-person classes as public health conditions continue to improve.

How long will remote classes and operations last?

Sacramento City College is offering more in-person classes and expanding hours for on-campus support services. Expanded in-person service depends on continued positive trends in public health conditions and the reduction and elimination of state and local COVID-19 mitigation measures.

How do students get their student access cards?

In response to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, we are not currently issuing new or replacement student access cards.

Are parking permits required?

Parking permits are not required for students during the summer 2022, fall 2022, or spring 2023 semesters. However, students and employees are required to park in designated student or staff parking spaces.

Los Rios Police Department (LRPD) will enforce violations in red zones and other restricted areas, metered or timed parking, disabled parking, and violations that impede traffic or block access.

FAQ: Financial Aid and Fees

How is the coronavirus pandemic affecting students' financial aid?

At this time of great need for our students, we are doing everything possible to continue critical financial aid services to students.

Financial Aid Disbursements

Our financial aid offices continue to support students. We continue to receive student requests for financial support, review files, and award eligible students. If you are in financial need, then complete the Free Application for Federal Financial Aid (FAFSA). After you have completed the FAFSA, you can monitor your eServices for further instruction. If you are not a US citizen or an eligible non-citizen, then you should complete the California Dream Act Application (CADAA).

Changes in Federal Financial Aid Policy

The Department of Education continues to review policies that impact students during this pandemic. Any changes by the Department of Education will be implemented by our colleges. We will provide updates impacting individual students via eServices.

Federal Work Study

So far, the federal government has not indicated any cuts to Federal Work Study programs. We will continue to do everything possible to maximize those resources and make them available to as many students as possible.

Do students still have access to the Universal Transit Pass (UTP)?

Yes. Los Rios' agreement with Sacramento Regional Transit (SacRT) is still in place, as SacRT is still providing regional service. Many students at the Los Rios colleges rely on SacRT service to get to work or for other personal transportation needs.

The UTP is now available electronically via SacRT's mobile fare app, ZipPass. Learn how to access the digital UTP/ZipPass.

What does the health services fee cover in a remote environment?

In the remote environment, the health services fee provides access to virtual health and mental health services. Students have access to telehealth services as well as through local mental health counselors.

College nurses are available by appointment for phone or email advice and referrals to community resources as needed. College nurses will offer remote health and wellness educational offerings throughout the semester along with virtual health fairs.

FAQ: Activities, Athletics, and Events

What is the status of college sports?

College athletic competition is continuing, following all county, California Community College Athletic Association, and Big 8 Conference safety protocols. Spectators are allowed at outdoor events. Spectators are also allowed at indoor events with proof of vaccination or a negative COVID test within 72 hours.

Are college facilities open to students, employees, and the public?

Limited college facilities are open to students and employees.

FAQ: Student Support Services

How will offices verify a student's identity remotely?

Our Admissions and Records and Financial Aid offices have implemented a student PIN on eServices that allows students to verify their identity, so that they can discuss student records over the phone. Watch the following video tutorial to learn how to use the PIN feature.

Is the child development center open?

Yes, the child development center is open. Check with the center directly for hours of operation and more information.

What online support is available for DSPS students?

Our Disability Services and Programs for Students (DSPS) office is expanding and supplementing existing services for online students to accommodate the increased demand. Students can call or email the DSPS office to learn about what services are available.

How can students get emergency assistance?

Students can apply for the Los Rios CARES Emergency Fund through the Los Rios Colleges Foundation.

Students can also learn about basic needs resources, including health and wellness resources, financial resources, resources for foster youth and undocumented students, and more.