Sacramento City College is changing its method for placing students in English and math course sequences. We will use more high school record information. The following students may want to have their English and/or Math placements reevaluated:
- A student who has already been enrolled (prior to summer/fall 2018) in English-Writing classes or Math classes at SCC
- A student who completed the college application prior to February 1, 2018
- A student who completed the college application after February 1, 2018, who did not answer all the questions related to high school information or who answered those questions inaccurately
- The student must have graduated high school in the last 7 years.
- The student must be term active at SCC (enrollment within the last 2 semesters) by either completing the online application or the supplemental enrollment form.
- The student must provide a copy of their most recent unofficial high school transcript. You must write your Los Rios Student ID number on the upper right-hand corner of the transcript (a little away from the end of the paper) or it will not be reevaluated.
- Foreign transcripts cannot be accurately evaluated and will not be eligible for placement reevaluation.
Forms should be submitted to Admissions & Records in the Student Services Building, STS 103. You can view your new placement(s) in your eServices account within 48 hours. From your eServices dashboard, click on Academic Records, then Placements section. Your placement will be displayed there.