When we don’t have an item, we’ll try to get it for you.
Interlibrary Loan, or ILL, is a service that borrows books and acquires journal articles that the Sacramento City College Library and other colleges in the Los Rios District do not own. The SCC Library requests the resources you need from partner libraries in California and across the country.
Before requesting an item, please verify that no Los Rios libraries already own it by looking for it in library search. You can also ask a librarian for help.
Please note the following (find more details in the User Policy):
- It may take a few weeks for the item to arrive.
- Some ILL items may not be renewed.
- Return the item to the same location where you received it.
- Fines apply for late, lost, or damaged items.
- You may request up to three items per week.
- Materials requested should be for academic use. For materials of personal interest, please use your local public library.
- Library staff might contact you for clarification about your request(s).
- ILL service does not include:
- items owned by Los Rios Libraries
- textbooks for current classes
- whole issues or volumes of periodicals
- rare or fragile books
- encyclopedias or other reference books
The Library is closed for summer recess.
We reopen on August 20, 2022.
Learning Resource Center, 2nd and 3rd Floors
3835 Freeport Boulevard
Sacramento, CA 95822