Cash for College Workshop Focused on Focused on Helping Black and African American Students
Date and Time
Thursday, August 18, 2022
5:30 to 7:00 pm
This is an online event.
The California Community Colleges Chancellor’s Office and the California Student Aid Commission offer a Cash for College Workshop focused on helping Black and African American students.
- Step-by-step process of applying for financial aid
- Important dates and deadlines
- Scholarships & resources available for Black students
- How to avoid excessive student loan debt
This workshop is for:
- Recent high school graduates
- Current and former foster youth
- New & returning college students of any age
- Parents & guardians
Three students in attendance will win a $100 gift card courtesy of iHeart Media. One student in attendance will win a $1,000 scholarship courtesy of the California Student Aid Commission. To enter the $1,000 scholarship drawing, students must attend this Cash for College workshop, fill out the post-workshop survey, and must be Cal Grant eligible. Funds will be disbursed by a private donor and winners will be contacted in September 2022.