Sacramento City College's Spring 2021 Semester Will Be Online
September 16, 2020
With the fall 2020 term well underway, we continue to be inspired by the hard work and perseverance that our students have shown in starting this historic semester. Now six months into this crisis, it is important that we not take for granted how different all of our lives are than they were at the start of the pandemic, including at our colleges.
There are few indications that public health dynamics will change dramatically in the next several months, and the spring 2021 semester will again be fully online with only limited exceptions for programs that train first responders or those in areas that have an urgent and significant health and safety impact on our communities.
You have asked for, and deserve, as much certainty as possible regarding the status of the upcoming term. By making this announcement now, it allows us to actively plan for how to best continue serving you in this online and remote environment, and allows you time to plan to be online for your next semester.
Important dates for the spring semester include:
- October 26: Class schedules available online.
- October 26: Complete your Supplemental Enrollment Form in eServices. You will not be able to enroll in classes until this form is completed.
- November 12: Log in to eServices and view the date and time of your Enrollment Appointment in the "Enrollment Announcements" tile. You can enroll anytime on or after your Enrollment Appointment.
- November 23: Priority Registration starts. For a full calendar of dates, check the Registration Dates.
- January 16: First day of classes for spring 2021.
Though it is too early to know the status of summer and fall 2021, we are taking steps to give us as much time as possible to weigh all the possible factors in that decision. We expect to make official announcements regarding summer and fall 2021 early in the new year.
We remain committed to providing you with a safe and healthy learning environment so you can be successful in achieving your goals.