US Citizens and Permanent Residents

Sacramento City College does not require students who are US citizens or permanent residents to have health insurance. Learn more about health insurance requirements for international students.

You can find more information about how to get health insurance at your campus Health and Wellness Services office. You can also visit Student Insurance USA to learn about special insurance rates for students.

Parental Health Insurance

Recent legislative changes have made it possible for students older than 23 and younger than 26 to be covered by a parent's health insurance. Visit the Covered California to learn more.

International Students

International students are required to have health insurance coverage for the duration of their enrollment at Sacramento City College. Registration holds are placed on all international students until proof of insurance is provided.

For more information, email the International Student Center at