Health and Wellness Services
Health Services is available remotely to current Los Rios students and employees. You can contact us by:
- Email: SCC-HealthServices@scc.losrios.edu
- Phone: (916) 558-2367 (leave a message with name and phone number)
- Patient Portal: make an appointment or send a message to the college nurse. Register below.
LRCCD Health and Wellness Patient Portal
You may now make an appointment online to talk to your college nurse, get referrals for TB testing and immunizations, get assistance with health requirements for academic programs, and complete employee TB risk assessments. You can also use the Patient Portal if you need non-emergency nurse assistance or referrals for physical and mental well-being.
Accessing Off-Campus Health Care
- Call the Customer Service number on your card. Customer Service representatives can help you:
- Identify the name and contact information for your primary care physician.
- Let you know if you need a referral for specific services, including mental health.
- Update your contact information and issue you a new insurance card.
- If you don’t have your health insurance card but know you have Medi-Cal, call(800) 430-4263, select 2 when prompted and enter your Medi-Cal number and birth date. The automated service will let you know what Medi-Cal group you are enrolled in and you can contact them directly.
- Anthem Blue Cross
- Health Net
- If you don’t have your card and also do not have Medi-Cal, but know your insurance plan, you may try calling your plan for more information.
- Western Health Advantage
- Sutter Health Plus
- Health Net
- Contact Sacramento Covered for assistance signing up for Medi-Cal or Covered California.
- Need to get connected to free or reduced cost health services in the region? Visit CityHub to search for resources near you.
- For specific information and resources during the COVID-19 outbreak visit CityHub and type "COVID-19" in the search bar.
- Urgent care for minor health concerns
- Cuts and scrapes
- Immunizations and titers
- Sadie the Therapy Dog (Pet Therapy AAMHI)
- Rest area for illness
- Lactation areas
- Blood pressure check
- Outreach and Prevention
- Sexually Transmitted Infection and HIV testing and treatment
- Prescriptions for birth control
- Pregnancy testing
Tuberculosis (TB) is a disease caused by germs that are spread from person to person through the air. TB usually affects the lungs, but it can also affect other parts of the body, such as the brain, the kidneys, or the spine. People who are working or training in areas that have a higher risk of spreading TB or contracting TB must be periodically tested or evaluated.
SCC Health Services provides TB testing for current Los Rios students and employees only. Call Health Services for an appointment.
- Pay $5.00 charge at Business Office (Rodda Hall North, RHN 173).
- Bring receipt of payment to Health Services during the regular hours for testing (RN 125 Inside Counseling).
- Receive TB skin test shot.
- Return 48 to 72 hours later to have the test site evaluated and receive results.
Employees (No Charge)
LRCCD employees and volunteers must obtain a Certificate of Clearance for TB every four years. Health Services will be able to assist you if you have never had a prior positive TB test.
- Go to Health Services during the regular hours for testing (Rodda Hall North, RHN 125 Inside Counseling).
- Receive TB skin test shot.
- Return 48 to 72 hours later to have the test site evaluated and receive results as well as the Certificate of Completion.
- Have had a prior positive TB test, or
- Prefer to use your personal physician, nurse practitioner, or physician assistant
Print and have your provider complete the required forms (PDF).
Mental Health Support
Counseling Faculty provide confidential assistance to students experiencing life issues that may interfere with academic success and are also available for students who are experiencing acute emotional distress and require immediate attention.
Smoking, Drug and Alcohol Cessation
Resources for quitting smoking, drug, or alcohol consumption.
All services provided by Health & Wellness Services are kept strictly confidential according to State and Federal regulations, HIPAA (Health Information Portability and Accountability Act), and FERPA.
24/7 Confidential, Crisis Text Line
Search for free or reduced cost services like medical care, food, job training, and more!
Say Hi to Sadie!
Sadie is a certified therapy dog whose primary duty is to assist nurse Wendy Gomez with students and employees who are experiencing an acute mental health crisis such as anxiety or depression.