This is the process and form to be an official club at Sacramento City College.
2310 Student Organization and Activities
Student Clubs P-2312 - Campus Clubs and Organizations
1.1 Campus clubs, organizations or student interest groups may be organized within the District provided they conform to procedures established by administrative and campus regulations.
Every club must have an advisor from the faculty in order to operate on the campus.
All club members shall be enrolled in the college at the time of membership and for the term of membership.
All club officers shall be enrolled in a minimum of five (5) semester units and shall meet and maintain the minimum standards of scholarship prescribed for community college students by the District (good standing with a minimum 2.0 GPA).
2.1 The establishment by students of any secret clubs is prohibited.
Application for Club Charter
Your club will remain active for the year (July 1-June 30) contingent upon the following:
- Changes to the club constitution are filed with the Student Leadership and Development Office.
- Change in officers and/or advisor(s) are on file with the Student Leadership and Development Office.
- All potential club advisors and presidents are required to attend Club Orientation Training with a member of the Student Leadership and Development staff prior to chartership approval.
- All policies and procedures for student clubs must be followed as outlined in the Club Handbook, and College and District regulations.
- Club membership is open to all Sacramento City College registered students regardless of ethnic group identification, religion, sex, age, color, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or for conversing in a language other than English.
The club must re-charter every year. All club monies may be transferred into the Clubs and Events Board account if a club has not re-chartered two or more years.
Clubs and Event Board (CAEB) provides clubs the opportunity to join with other clubs in fundraising efforts, networking, community service efforts, and/or other activities. Clubs seeking support, financial or otherwise, from the CAEB or Student Senate, must participate in CAEB by sending a Club Representative to attend weekly CAEB meetings.
Student Leadership and Development
Phone: (916) 558-2381
Monday to Friday:
8:00 am to 4:30 pm
South Gymnasium, SOG 226
3835 Freeport Boulevard
Sacramento, CA 95822