Skip to Content

Campus Interventions Office

At the Campus Interventions Office, you will find support for yourself and your fellow students or colleagues. The Campus Intervention Officer can help guide you toward resolving issues in the classroom with faculty, grades, or fellow students, help you understand the disciplinary process, and can help you consider your options and report discrimination, accessibility, sexual violence, and Title IX concerns.

I have a concern regarding:

One of my professors

First, schedule an appointment to speak with the professor directly about the issue. The professor may not be aware that you have a concern and often times the student and professor are able to resolve the issue. Make sure to prepare and take any documents, screenshots, etc. you may want to show to your professor with you to the meeting.

If you have already spoken to your professor–or you don’t feel like you can speak to them about this issue–the next step is to complete an Academic Concern form that is sent directly to the area Dean. You may also choose to contact the Campus Intervention Office to receive guidance from the Campus Intervention Officer.

Academic Concern Form

A grade in a class

First, schedule an appointment to speak with the professor directly about the grade. Make sure to prepare and take a copy of the class syllabus (if necessary), assignments, documents, or screenshots you may want to use to support your request or questions during your meeting.

If you have already spoken to your professor–or you don’t feel like you can speak to them about this issue–the next step is to complete an Academic Concern form that is sent directly to the area Dean. You may also choose to contact the Campus Intervention Office to receive guidance from the Campus Intervention Officer.

Academic Concern Form

A staff member

First, we recommend speaking with the staff member directly about the issue. If you have already spoken to the staff member or you don’t feel like you can speak to them about this issue, the next step is to email the office the staff member is with.

College Contact Information

An incident of bias or hate

Members of the campus community can participate in making the campus a safe place to work and study by identifying and reporting any campus incidents of bias, hate crimes, and discrimination.

Who Should Report

If you believe you have witnessed, or that you have been a target of discrimination, or a hate- or bias-motivated incident, on campus you can initiate a report through the form below.

Why Report

Reporting allows us to best assist those in need, track patterns of bias, and create educational interventions to help improve our campus community. We know that in order to bring about change, we must expand our awareness around the issues our students are facing on campus.

What to Report

Hate- or bias-motivated incident: An act that is not a violation of criminal law, but that is motivated by bigotry or hate based on the victim's actual or perceived race, ethnicity, nationality, gender, religion, sexual orientation, or disability. These incidents could include violations of District Policy or SCC Student Standard of Conduct.

How to Report

Email the Equity Officer with as much detail about the incident as you can remember, any information you have about the person/people involved, what your hope for resolution would be, and contact information if you would like a response (you can request to remain anonymous).

Andre Coleman
Equity Officer
Dean, Campus Intervention
Phone: (916) 650-2929

Something I saw on social media

The First Amendment to the U.S. Constitution protects speech and expressive conduct from censorship by the government based upon its content. There are very limited exceptions to this protection. Sacramento City College is part of the government and may not censor speech based on its content no matter how much it may go against the spirit of our Panther community.

Most social media platforms provide a way to report content you think violates their use agreements. If you think a post is a violation, please report them directly through the social media platform.

If you see a direct threat of violence or harm to the campus community, please make a report to the Los Rios Police Department at (916) 558-2911

Harassment and/or discrimination based on race, gender, gender identity, age, ability, or another protected class

It is a priority of Sacramento City College to prevent and respond to all forms of harassment, including bullying, psychological harassment, racial harassment, religious harassment, stalking, mobbing, hazing, and backlash.

Types of Harassment offers an overview of the different types of harassment and how you can report this behavior.

Report a Gender-based Policy Violation

Domestic violence, sexual assault, or sexual harassment

We will promptly respond to reports of domestic violence, sexual assault, or sexual harassment. It’s important to know that all campus employees are mandated to report any incidents of sexual assault that we learn about. If you wish to remain anonymous, the WEAVE Confidential Advocate is available to confidentially support you and provide information.

The confidential advocate is not an employee of Sacramento City College. The confidential advocate is provided through WEAVE, Sacramento County's primary provider of crisis intervention services for survivors of domestic violence and sexual assault.

Report a Gender-based Policy Violation

WEAVE Advocate
(916) 568-3011

Sexual Violence

Get Support | Help a Friend


Sacramento City College is committed to creating an accessible community–that is, one that provides websites, course materials, documents, and applications that are accessible to all current and future students, faculty, staff, and other constituents. Please visit Accessibility for information on reporting issues as well as a list of helpful applications and plug-ins.


Disability resources

Everyone should be able to take advantage of the programs and services provided by Sacramento City College. The Disability Resources for Students page of the website has more information about support services, service animals, ADA compliance and reporting, and contacting the Equity Officer.

Disability Resources for Students

The disciplinary process

If you have been referred to the Campus Interventions Office, you have a right to due process through the disciplinary process. The process is outlined on Disciplinary Procedures and Due Process and in Los Rios Regulation R-2442.

Report a violation of a Student Rights and Responsibility policy

For additional information on student conduct, please contact:

Andre Coleman
Student Conduct Officer
Dean, Campus Interventions Office
Phone: (916) 650-2929

Someone’s health or safety

Before you begin: If this is an emergency that involves an imminent risk of harm to self or others, please contact LRPD at (916) 558-2221 or call 911 prior to filling out this referral form.

Notify The Crisis Intervention Team

For assistance or consultation during business hours, please contact the Campus Intervention Office at (916) 650-2733.

Key Emergency Resources

Mental Health Emergencies

  • Sac Mental Health Urgent Care Clinic
    (916) 520-2460
  • Sac County Mobile Crisis Support Team
    (916) 874-6015
  • County Crisis Hotline
    (916) 732-3637


Basic Needs Resources/ CityHub

CityHub is a free tool students can use to search for free or reduced-cost services like medical care, food, job training, and more.

Basic Needs Resources/ CityHub

Student Rights and Responsibilities

Sacramento City College envisions an education system in which specific rights, obligations, and expectations for students and education providers will be clearly expressed, so that all participants in the educational process, including families, can understand and respond to them.

Student Rights and Responsibilities

Equity and Diversity

We place high value on being an open-access institution–students enter as authentic human beings with their own cultures, abilities, experiences, and languages.

Equity and Diversity

Disability Resources

We are committed to providing appropriate accommodations for students and employees with disabilities. Learn how to request accommodations, register service animals, report inaccessible doors, and more.

Disability Resources

Panther Intervention Playbook (PDF)

Inside the Panthers’ Intervention Playbook, you will find practical tips and strategies for stepping in when you come across a potentially dangerous situation.

Panther Intervention Playbook (PDF)

Campus Interventions Office Contact

Phone: (916) 650-2711


Monday to Friday:
8:00 am to 4:30 pm


Student Services Building, STS 105
3835 Freeport Boulevard
Sacramento, CA 95822