This form is only to request that a course you have taken previously at another college be substituted for a program (major) course requirement or competency requirement at Sacramento City College (SCC).
- Need to verify an English and Math prerequisite, complete the Prerequisite Equivalency Form
- Need to verify General Education (GE) course requirements taken previously at another college, meet with a counselor and complete a GE Certification.
Before You Complete This Form
- Your official transcript must be on file with the SCC Admissions and Records Office before submitting your online course substitution petition.
- In order to speed the process of your course substitution form, we recommend that you upload a PDF file of the course description, or the course syllabus, for each completed course.
- Please note: A Course Syllabus is required for all BIO, CHEM, PHYSICS, and PTA Courses.
After You Complete This Form
- Once your form is submitted, the Admissions and Records office will forward your online course substitution petition to the department that oversees your major/program of study for approval. Course substitutions used for an AA/AS – T degree will also be forwarded to the Counseling Articulation Officer for approval.
- The department will then forward Approved/Denied course substitution petitions to the Admission and Records Office.
- Please allow 2 (two) to 4 (four) weeks to process. The Admissions and Records office will email you the outcome of your course substitution.
A Course Substitution is Not Required if
- Your course has a Course Identification Numbering System (C-ID).
A C-ID is a statewide numbering system designed to identify comparable courses and facilitate articulation with any other CCC with the same designation for course content credit. Any community college course that bears a C-ID number signifies that it is equivalent in content, rigor, and student learning outcomes. Click the C-ID Courses to search for a C-ID number by discipline, college, or effective date.
- Your course has already been approved to meet the prerequisites for the Allied Health Programs.
Please review the Transfer Course Equivalency Grid for approved courses.