Home Admissions Financial Aid and Fees Types of Financial Aid West Sacramento Promise Program
West Sacramento Promise
The West Sacramento Promise provides residents of West Sacramento who graduated from a high school within the last 6 months with fee-free college for their first two years at Sacramento City College's main campus, West Sacramento Center, or Davis Center.
- Be a current West Sacramento resident.
- Be a West Sacramento high school graduate or GED recipient between December 2022 and June 2023.
- Enroll in and maintain at least 12 units for fall and spring semesters.
- Be eligible for California College Promise Grant (CCPG) or Los Rios Promise (LRP).
- Apply to Sacramento City College.
- Apply for Financial Aid: Submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or the California Dream Act Application (CADAA)* by the Los Rios Promise Program Enrollment and FAFSA Completion deadline. See all financial aid deadlines.
* If you are not a US citizen or permanent US resident, then you should fill out the CADAA instead of the FAFSA.
- Apply to the West Sacramento Promise.
The West Sacramento College Promise is an initiative approved by the voters of the City of West Sacramento in November 2016 as part of the City's Kids' Home Run Program. The West Sacramento College Promise allocates funds to cover the first two years of community college fees for eligible West Sacramento students. The program is a partnership between the City of West Sacramento, Washington Unified School District, and Sacramento City College.