Skip to Content

Need to Request that a Course You Have Taken at Another College Be Substituted for a Course at SCC?

Complete an online course substitution petition.

This form is only to request that a course you have taken previously at another college be substituted for a program (major) course requirement or competency requirement at Sacramento City College (SCC).

Before You Complete a Course Substitution Petition

Course substitution submissions  will not be processed if any of the below items are missing:

Official Transcript

Your official transcript must already be on file with the SCC Admissions and Records Office.

Course Description/Syllabus

Course descriptions can be found in a college’s catalog online or you may visit CollegeSource Online to view digital college catalogs. Course descriptions give a small description of the course and what they cover, which is required to compare to the courses offered at our college.

After You Complete This Form

  • Once your form is submitted, the Admissions and Records office will forward your online course substitution petition to the department that oversees your major/program of study for approval. Course substitutions used for an AA/AS–T degree will also be forwarded to the Counseling Articulation Officer for approval.
  • The department will then forward Approved/Denied course substitution petitions to the Admission and Records Office.
  • The Admissions and Records office will email you the outcome of your course substitution.
    • Please allow 2 (two) to 4 (four) weeks to process during the Fall and Spring terms.
    • Please allow 2 (two) to 6 (six) weeks to process during the Summer term.

Need Something Else?