The Hulbe Observatory is located on top of Rodda South. The southeastern staircase is the only public access to it.
The new main telescope is a 0.43m PlaneWave CDK (Corrected Dall-Kirkham) reflector.
The Hulbe Observatory was named in honor of Christoph Hulbe, who was a member of the Physics Department from 1968 to 2004. He was passionate about sharing astronomy with the public, and passed away in 2010.
The observatory was built in 1936, and in 1961 was located adjacent to West Lot. It has since been relocated to Rodda Hall South.
While the observatory has been open for public events in the past, currently the observatory is only open for classes.
Rodda South Building, 4th Floor
3835 Freeport Boulevard
Sacramento, CA 95822