Skip to Content


Admission for Veterans and Dependents Using Veterans Educational Benefits

Veterans services are available to assist veterans, spouses, and children of disabled or deceased veterans who may be eligible for federal and/or state educational benefits. New students should contact the Admissions & Records office at least two months prior to the start of the college semester to initiate the required paperwork.

In most cases, all tuition and enrollment fees, miscellaneous fees, textbooks, and class supplies are paid for by the student and not by Veterans Affairs (VA). The exception is students who are using the Post 9/11 GI Bill™ or Vocational Rehabilitation benefits.

If you believe VA will be paying your enrollment fees, then please verify with Veterans Services before you enroll in courses. The benefit process may take several months to complete for new benefit recipients. For continuing students, the benefit process can take four to six weeks. Benefit recipients should anticipate a delay of at least two months before receiving the first payment.

Visit the GI Bill™ website for more information on VA benefits. Disabled veterans who qualify for additional benefits should contact their VA Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor prior to enrolling.

For more information, see veteran student admissions.