College Success Classes offered by Counseling Services
HCD 310 (3 units)
Course outlines (syllabus) for the following instructor(s):
This intensive course is designed
to assist students to obtain the skills and knowledge necessary to reach their educational
Topics to be covered include:
- motivation and discipline
- memory development
- time management
- communications skills
- career planning
- study skills and techniques
- question asking skills
- personal issues that face many
It is recommended for new students
and others who can benefit. The course may be offered for specific populations.
Special Emphasis Sections:
- Recommended for students with
2.5 GPA or lower.
- Recommended for ESL students.
- Recommended for African-American
- Recommended for re-entry students.
- Recommended for teacher education
See class schedule for specific offerings.