The testing environment
On the day of your test
- Sign in at PAC-102. Please let the counter staff know you have a testing appointment.
- Arrive early to allow for any unexpected delays.
- Show picture ID to the proctor at exam time. Testing cannot take place without ID.
To use an adapted computer
- This accommodation must be approved in advance by your counselor.
- Complete computer training at the assistive technology center in advance.
- Schedule computer time when you schedule your test.
Proctoring room rules
- Enter and leave quietly; other students are testing.
- Food and drink are allowed only with a doctor’s note.
- To talk or take a break, contact the proctor.
- Earplugs and ear protectors are recommended.
- Exams are closely monitored. Staff enters the area often.
- If cheating occurs, the exam is stopped, the faculty member is notified and all materials are held for faculty action.
- Notify the test proctor if you need to use the restroom.
- Leave all test materials and personal items in the proctoring area.
- Your break will be timed, and test time will be extended accordingly.
- Tests must be cancelled 24 hours in advance.
- Students are responsible for rescheduling tests.
- Students are responsible for cancelling exam appointments.
- Materials from cancelled tests are returned to the instructor.
- Exams that are not taken at the scheduled time will be returned to the instructor.
- Proctoring staff must verify rescheduled exams with the instructor.