Start out the semester with these tips
- Make your course available to students. Students will not see a link to an unavailable course after all rosters have been linked on Saturday, August 25, 2007. You must submit a request each
- Report all Bb problems directly to the Help Desk 1-866/353-9451
(available 24/7 - students & faculty).
- Read and bookmark the SCC Bb Blog http://www.scc.losrios.edu/~bbsite/blog.html.
If your course is missing content from the May-to-June migration, and you do not have a backup copy and you need the course restored, go to http://scc.losrios.edu/de/webdata/distance_ed_form.html and submit the report.
- Use safe computing practices and prepare alternative methods for students to contact you and submit assignments. Remember that the Online Grading System includes a Contact Students tab for each roster with an easy way to email your students. Keep a backup copy of your content offline, especially your gradebook.
- Online & Hybrid courses using Assessments (tests and surveys) should change the deployment to one-question at a time and prohibit backtracking. Review the other suggestions for successful test taking at the Help Tab in Bb > Instructions for Students Using Blackboard: http://ic.arc.losrios.edu/~itc/Blackboard/pages/quizproblems.htm .
- Suggest your students enroll in Skills for Online Student Success - this HCD 320 course is one-unit. Orientation is on Wednesday, August 29, 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm in LR 141.
- Sign up and review the Blackboard Knowledge Base to track your trouble reports and to subscribe to help articles about the features you use. Advocate your students use this site and subscribe to the same articles for easy access to help http://d2.parature.com/ics/support/default.asp?deptID=4018. Read the Help Tab information when in Bb.