Discuss ‘safe computing practices’ with students
- Start the conversation with these highlights:
- Keep a copy of your assignments in a word processor document before submitting.
- Don’t wait until the deadline to start a test because a heavy user load could cause test problems.
- Let your students know how to reach you when they encounter a problem. Remind them about contacting the Help Desk for technical support.
- Instant messaging (IM) and Chat should be disabled during online tests or exams, as these disrupt the web connection to the assessment.
- Read the online help information before you need it.